- GLC is launching a summer volunteer program geared towards internationally trained lawyers wanting to gain further insight into GLC’s work, and the opportunity engage with Canadian lawyers already in practice.
- Vocational projects completed by volunteers will assist them throughout their legal careers. These projects include, but are not limited to:
- Writing external legal reports/articles;
- Researching and writing about the legal accreditation process in Canada and abroad; and
- Contacting and gathering statistical data on Internationally Trained Lawyers in Alberta and across Canada.
The program welcomes applicants who have been trained, or are currently being trained, in a foreign jurisdiction and have career of aspirations practicing law in Canada.
Additional Program Details
- Successful volunteers will receive no remuneration.
- The term of this volunteer opportunity is until August 6th, 2016, unless terminated by either the applicant or GLC by written notice.
- Volunteer hours throughout the term will be made flexible.
- As a volunteer, you will not be eligible to receive wages, paid vacation time or benefits.
- Interested applicants please email an application consisting of a statement of interest and resume to Bill Dejong at email@example.com.
Please submit your application by April 27, 2016.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling admission basis.
About the GLC
Global Lawyers of Canada (“GLC”) is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to promote a diverse and competitive legal market in Canada by representing and supporting internationally educated and globally minded legal professionals through advocacy, community engagement and professional development. It is the first of its kind in Canada, and GLC has already garnered interest from the business and legal communities. GLC’s aim is to support internationally educated lawyers that wish to practice law in Canada, and also Canadian lawyers that wish to pursue a career internationally. GLC members believe that by providing a forum for internationally trained and Canadian trained lawyers to engage, all lawyers will be able to realize the inherent value and skills that each of us can bring to the Canadian legal market, and in turn allow us to excel in global legal markets. For more information, please visit us at https://glcanada.org/.